This page will get you started in the registration process as a Home-Schooler.
If you are enrolling as a full Distributed Learning Student (DL Program), click here.
Homeschooling is an alternative method of teaching offered outside the B.C. educational system. Typically, a family member delivers the entire educational program to children at home.
Heritage Christian Online School welcomes and supports registered homeschoolers by providing:
- A supportive and dynamic online community
- 1 Hour consultation with our Curriculum Consultant
- Access to our Homeschool Registered Liaison
- Access to the physical and digital Learning Commons with 2 free round trip physical resource returns (limited to 35 items per shipment)
- Access to Digital Unit Kits. Please note that registered patrons do not have access to Physical Unit Study Kits, Special Education material, or MakerEd resources, and are subject to a limit of 8 media items which includes DVDs and CDs.
- Sixteen online subscriptions available to registered homeschoolers (see Learning Commons Registered vs. Enrolled page)
- Subscription to the HCOS newsletter
For a comparision of registered homeschooling and enrolled Distributed Learning view the table below.
|Homeschool Registration||DL Enrollment|
|Must meet BC Learning Standards|
|Must participate in provincial testing (FSA, Literacy & Numeracy Assessments)|
|Learning is guided and evaluated by a certified teacher|
|Eligible to receive a BC Dogwood Graduation Certificate|
|Eligible to select curriculum of choice|
|Eligible to receive Ministry of Education funding||*|