Teacher Standards and Application Process
- Be an active evangelical Christian - this would include being a part of a vibrant, Bible based Church.
- BC Certified Teacher - we accept certification from either the BC College of Teachers or a BC Independent School Certification. Out of Province Teachers should note that a certificate with the Independent School Branch is not too difficult to obtain if you have been certified in another Province.
- Have a desire to bring education into a non-traditional context. Teachers who are presently homeschooling or have homeschooling experience are our first choice. We are also looking for teachers with Distributed Learning experience.
- Have good computer skills - internet-savvy (good with search engines, messaging, online forums...) and proficient with e-mail. The ability to edit in HTML would be helpful.
Teachers should have a working knowledge of various Home Schooling Philosophies and Curriculum and need to be committed to working primarily with a computer and the internet, using these tools for communication, instruction and marking.
Please apply to Janet Rainbow with resume and certifications at https://documents.onlineschool.ca/forms/view.php?id=50082. Be sure to include:
- Your educational history
- Your experience in fields outside of education
- Your work and teaching experience - with references
- Your homeschooling experience (if any)
- Your specific areas of expertise
- Your family information
- Your Church information - with a reference preferably from your Pastor
- A detailed statement of your philosophy of Christian Education
- A detailed statement of your philosophy of Home Schooling or Distributed Education
It is not necessary to live in the Kelowna area, although you will need to travel to Kelowna once or twice a year.