The Graduation Program
Grounded in the school values of academic success, relationship, integrity and flexibility, the grad program is here to support you in the final few years of your educational journey. We hope to partner together to develop a personalized plan for you that supports your personal, educational and spiritual goals on the path to graduation. Whether that is a completely individualized program, online courses, community connections classes, or taking part in a bit of each, our goal is to support you as you plan for your future.
Grad Program Staff
Our staff is committed to helping you have a successful and engaging experience with Heritage Christian Online School. To support your programs, here are the people on your team:
Grad Program Director
Chelsea Bitgood: firstname.lastname@example.org and also @ email@example.com 250-864-7518
Please feel free to contact the Grad Advisor from your Region:
Lower Mainland East
Lower Mainland West
Diana Mohninger: firstname.lastname@example.org and also @ email@example.com
Anthony Kuchma: firstname.lastname@example.org and also @ email@example.com
Special Education & Learning Services
Allison Miles: firstname.lastname@example.org and also @ email@example.com
Aimee Imbeau, Cam Brown, James Nelson, Joris Kempers, Mark Daley, Wolfgang Schrottner
Tara Klukas, James Nelson
Brian Oger, David Laird, Eric Vanee, James Nelson, Mark Daley
English Language Arts
Beth Daley, Brian Oger, Cam Brown, David Laird, James Nelson, Mark Daley, Sarah Laurie
Lori Taetz, Ryan Titley, Sarah Laurie, Steve Codling
Blane Despres, Cam Brown, Carrie Despres, Catherine Lisimaque, Cindy Keung, Jacquie Chelini, Lesley Schrottner, Lorena Von Riesen, Wolfgang Schrottner
Anthony Kuchma, Bruce Merz, Bruce Peers, Lara Merz, Ryan Johnston, Titus Heckel
Physical and Health Education
Eric Vanee, Lesley Schrottner
Cam Brown, Heather Loenen, Keith Robinson, Diana Monhinger, Matthew Duggan, Richard Hewko, Trish VanDop
Brian Oger, Cam Brown, Eric Vanee, Mark Daley
Other Grad Electives
Cam Brown, Chris Robinson, Gord Holden, Holly Bell, James Nelson, Joris Kempers, Lara Merz, Mark Daley, Matthew Duggan, Patrick Bell, Titus Heckel
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and also @ email@example.com
Textbooks and Resources
Reimbursements and Funding
Transcripts and Provincial Exam sessions
Joshua Matvieshen: firstname.lastname@example.org and also @ email@example.com
Courses & Credits
Earning Transcript Credit
At HCOS, we offer students the opportunity to gain Graduation Program Course Credits for their official transcript by completing any combination of Online, Individualized, and/or External Credit courses.
- Offered at any pace (up to one year) to complete the course
- Courses are hosted in Moodle – our password protected learning management system
- Provides the student with engaging online lessons and all the resources they need to cover course content and competencies.
- Provides the student with the direct support of a course specialist teacher.
- Requires less parental support (although parental supervision with pacing is required)
- offered at any pace (up to one year) to complete the course
- offers students the opportunity to gain course credits by creating an Individualized Student Learning Plan (SLP) with their specialized course support teacher, working on the Ministry requirements in a variety of ways.
- provides students with the most choice as to how to structure their learning journey
- offered for the majority of Grad Program level courses
- requires more parental input and supervision and weekly/biweekly communication with the support teacher
- all Grade 10 and some Grade 11 and 12 courses - hosted in Moodle - our password protected learning management system. This space provides additional resources and support for the student and is where their evidence of learning is uploaded for assessment.
- is generally more synchronous (has a specific schedule)
- comes with a course outline and is a directed study of the course content and competencies
- provides the student with the direct support of a course specialist teacher.
- choice options may be limited and resources are generally provided
- courses are either held face to face (in limited locations) or are hosted in Moodle - our password protected learning management system.
- Other course credentials can be earned through programs and assessments that are developed outside the BC school system and taken either inside or outside the regular classroom setting (Equivalency, Course Challenge, Royal Conservatory of Music, 4H, AP or IB courses).
- To have these credits applied to their transcript, a student will need to send copies of the required documentation to the school office for processing.
HCOS is proud to offer many different courses in our Grad Program. Below is a comprehensive list of courses for each grade level as well as the teacher who is currently overseeing the course. If you have questions around the programming or would like to see a sample Student Learning Plan for an individualized course, please feel free to reach out to the course teacher.
Note: when selecting courses, it is a good idea to note that a full student course load is eight four-credit courses in one school year.
For help selecting your courses, please contact your Grad Advisor or make use of the course planning worksheets provided.
Your Graduation Program
British Columbia Ministry of Education Information
A British Columbia Education is a highly sought after, and world renowned education program. BC offers many different ways of graduating within the province and the outline of the options can be found here. Options include: A British Columbia Dogwood Diploma, the Adult Graduation Program or a School Completion Certificate. Make you you take the time to read through the options - as always, your Grad Advisor is there to answer any questions you might have!
Every year the Ministry releases a Grad Planner document that outlines the graduation requirements, options for earning credit, provincial exams and assessments, award and scholarship opportunities and links to additional resources.
The Dogwood Planner contains additional information on provincial exams and assessments, receiving and sending transcripts, applying to post-secondary institutions and much more.
Please use these planners as guides to help you navigate your way through your graduation years.
HCOS Grad Program Support
The Grad team is here to support you in your educational journey. Our Grad Program Information Guide outlines a few of the frequently asked questions and some basic guidelines to starting your graduation years with HCOS.
Remember, your regional Grad Advisor is your point of contact for everything Grad Program. If you have any questions, concerns or just want to connect, please feel free to send them a message!
Our Grad Advisor’s host their own web-page with events, news and HCOS specific information that is updated frequently. We invite you to come check it out - see what’s happening, and get connected!
If you’re interested in enrolling with Heritage's Grad Program please click here. We look forward to supporting you!