SE Finance Assistant
Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Distributed Learning (DL) school, providing fully-accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online and face-to-face options.
In the Special Education Department our goal is to provide a supportive and flexible Christ-centred program to children that have special needs and are learning at home, enabling them to reach their God-given potential and assisting them to acquire the necessary skills for independence as adults.
HCOS has a full-time (40 hours per week) opening for a Special Education (SE) Finance Assistant. This position is based in our Kelowna office.
As the SE Finance Assistant, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Receive, organize and verify information provided on all incoming invoices, acknowledging receipt or requesting corrections and resubmissions if needed.
- Verify invoices are pre-approved, services fall within agreed upon dates and budgets and follow school guidelines and policies, communicating with vendors and families as needed in this regard
- Communicate with vendors regarding missing invoices, payments and budget updates and/or concerns
- Assist with processing, managing and filing of all approved invoices, journal transfers and deposits
- Receive, organize and assist in processing of staff reimbursements
- Maintain approved vendor list and files and create new folders/records as needed.
- Assist with CRC verification and applications
- Assist in resource tracking, preparation of resource letters, mailing and following up on resources with students that have left the school.
- Assist families, staff and teachers with purchases and set-up of services for students
- Other general office duties such as: answering phone calls and emails, preparing letters, creating and maintaining spreadsheets, assisting in data entry, scanning, management of records and files, video editing, ordering of office supplies and tracking of office equipment and resources.
Qualified individuals will have the following qualifications and skills:
- COMMUNICATION: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as the office clerk communicates with families, staff, and professionals on a daily basis.
- COMPUTER/TECHNOLOGY: Proficiency in handling of emails, scanning, uploading/downloading/creating documents, spreadsheets, creating and maintaining databases and the ability to learn new software programs is required.
- ORGANIZATION: Must be extremely organized to effectively juggle many tasks and manage data and files with accuracy.
- PROBLEM SOLVING/CRITICAL THINKING: The ability to solve problems, look for answers and/or direct the question/issue to the appropriate person is a requirement as many times the Finance Assistant is the first person people may come to with an issue or a question.
What we offer:
- 40 hours per week
- Competitive wage
- 3 weeks annual vacation
- Extended Health Benefits consisting of:
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health and Benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Employee and Family Support Program
- RRSP Match program
Applications will be accepted until July 15th.