Heritage Christian Online School is the largest independent school in BC and we are looking for a skilled PHP Programmer to join our team. Your daily work will contribute to platforms used by over 6000 students each year and support parents tracking their student’s educational journey.
As a member of our team you will work with leadership and our senior developer to develop new features in our student information system, incorporate feedback from families and teachers to improve the platform and work with our support team to address issues reported by our families and teachers.
Qualified applicants will:
- Have proven experience writing object-oriented code using PHP (version 7+ preferred)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be critical thinkers with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Have a collaborative, team oriented mindset
- Be an avid learner, staying on top of new approaches.
- Have strong commenting skills and understand test-driven development
In exchange we offer:
- Flexible hours with a focus on timely completion of work
- A collaborative, team oriented work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- 3 weeks vacation
- Help with relocation costs
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Opportunity to work from home or in our Kelowna offices
- Comprehensive benefit package including, Life, Dep. Life, LTD, Extended Health, Dental, Health Spending Account (HSA), Travel Insurance and Employee and Family Assistance Plan