Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Distributed Learning (DL) school, providing fully-accredited, Christian education to students in BC.
We are looking for an outstanding communicator and office administrator to become the HCOS Registrar. This full-time position will be the initial point of contact for new HCOS families and serve to welcome applicants and assist Administrators in determining their eligibility and fit for potential admission. This position will oversee the Office of the Registrar to support cross-enrollment intake, student records clerks and work with the Special Education office. They will work closely with administration across the school and require a high degree of professionalism, discernment and the ability to communicate well with the HCOS administrative team.
- Academic Head of School
- To manage the admissions and intake process for K-12 at Heritage Christian Online School.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen and route new applications in a timely manner
- Determine if requirements are met for entrance to the program they have applied for
- Send out relevant communication to families for the Division(s) being applied for
- Hire, manage and evaluate Registrar Office staff (intake team)
- Prioritize and assign duties and responsibilities within the intake team
- Write and maintain intake processes and procedures in SOPHIE
- Able to be discreet and handle confidential information sensitively
- Discerning and decisive, with strong boundaries
- Flexible attitude towards innovation and change
- Accurate and precise documentation
- Must value timely follow-up
- Technologically proficient and willing to learn – email, scanning, documents, databases, spreadsheets, Google Drive etc.
- Professional and clear communication skills
- A desire to learn and grow in knowledge and skills
- Occasional travel to meetings
- Sitting for extended periods of time in front of a computer screen and on the phone
What we can offer you:
- Impact - the ability to lead a team to support the intake and records processes
- Collaboration - working to support the leadership team of the school
- Consistency - work from the HCOS office, 40 hours per week
- Benefits: RRSP Match Program, Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Travel Insurance, Extended Health and Dental, Health Spending Account, Employee & Family Assistance Benefits
- Competitive salary
If this position interests you, we’d love to hear from you. Please upload your resume and cover letter to our online application form.
Posting closes Wednesday, June 19th.